ZEC’s Transition Programs focus on collaborating with schools and families to provide a set of activities, services, and individual goals that assist students transitioning from high school to adulthood. Our programs address student’s individual needs and interests to develop skills for employment, independent living, and social communication.
Who Benefits from Transition Programs:
The transition programs are appropriate for students whose teams have identified transition needs as a necessary support on their Individualized Education Program (IEP). In addition, students should:
- Be able to follow directions
- Have an interest and ability to work after high school
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in group settings
- Not require excessive one-on-one assistance to stay on task
- Typically be in their last or second to last year of high school